Snapshots have 1 hour delay after motion

So after one of my ring cameras gets a motion event it won’t record my snapshots for 1hr. Right at the 1hr mark snapshots start recording again. So to clarify if I go on the app and see a motion record right after there is no video footage for 1hr. Then after the 1hrs my 30secomd snapshots start again. Been happening for a few months now.

I did a search but couldn’t not find anything.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Jjmm3. Motion detection shouldn’t prevent the Snapshot Capture feature from working as normal. I’d recommend toggling Snapshot Capture off, then toggling it back on. If that doesn’t resolve this, you can try rebooting your Camera using the reboot option on the Device Health page. Should this concern persist, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper dive into what may be going on.

I am having the same problem, only that Snapshot Captures stopped working after the last update for my 2nd Gen Ring Doorbell. Any info on this?

Has anyone found a fix for this? I have this issue on all 3 of my cameras. I called support and they were pretty clueless.

Hi neighbors. If the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the thread did not work to resolve your concern, you will need to work with our support team to further investigate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.