Snapshots Captured Not Showing Up

Hello,

I have just installed a Ring 3 doorbell. I have enabled the Snapshot Capture feature for every hour.

However, it does not show up on my time line. The recordings and motion show up, but not the snapshots that are set to be taken every hour.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve this? Thank you very much for your time and help.

Beth

Hi @Beth3. First, double-check that you have the Snapshot Capture feature fully enabled for your Ring Doorbell 3. You can find more information on this feature and how to make sure it’s enabled here. Additionally, you’ll need the Event History Timeline enabled in order to view the Snapshots. You can find steps on how to check that your Event History Timeline is enabled below.

• Open your Ring app.
  • Tap the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to open the side menu.
  • Tap Account.
  • In the Account Setting screen under Advanced Settings, tap the Event History Timeline toggle.
    • Blue shows the feature is turned on.
    • White is off.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you’re able to see your snapshots after double-checking these settings and testing it out. :slight_smile:

Hello @Caitlyn_Ring , we are having a similar issue over on this thread. It still has not been resolved. Can you help?

1 Like

I’m not the only one complaining about this. Everyone has made sure it’s on. Face it doesn’t work any more for a lot of people and it’s been going on for awhile. Please fix it. It’s not on our end. It’s the app.

1 Like

Agree - snapshots set up in the app for each camera - they do not appear in the “history” tab (by the way, Ring’s mentioned “timeline” is outdated, if it’s now called “history”.

So, a feature promised in the “protect Plus” plan that doesn’t actually exist?

Hi @user34108. Correct. The name used in the marked solution from 2021, has changed. We’ve since updated the Ring app and upgraded the Ring experience. You can still view the Event History Timeline by tapping on a Device from the dashboard of the Ring app.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.