Snapshot Captures Not Showing in Activity History Online

I have snapshot capture enabled on all my devices, but do not see any activity when I view online. I only see them on my mobile app. The feature description shows, “… uploading them to the Ring cloud. You can then view these snapshots on your timeline, just like you do for events.” So how do I view my captures online?

1 Like

Hey @dougwilliams227. At this time you can only view Snapshot Captures from the Ring app. We thank you for your feedback on wanting to see this online at Ring.com as well, and rest assured I’ve passed on your feedback to the appropriate teams in regards to this. In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Chelsea, thanks for the reply. I’m confused by your response, as the support article, https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034355652#How_does_it_work, specifically says that snapshots are stored in the cloud and can then be viewed on my timeline “just like you do for events.”

So is the feature description wrong?

@dougwilliams227 The Event History Timeline is a feature that is also exclusive to the Ring app, and therefore the description isn’t necessarily wrong, but it could be more accurate. I appreciate your feedback on this, and I will work with the appropriate teams to get this article updated to be a bit more clear for our neighbors. Thank you! If you’d like, I’m happy to update you here once this is updated so you can see how we clarified this in the article. :slight_smile:

I’m getting more and more confused. When I login to my account through a web broweser and go to https://ring.com/account/activity I can review my history (not unique to the mobile app), which has been uploaded to the Ring Cloud. As the feature description implies, I should then be able to view the Snapshot Captures.

@dougwilliams227 I understand what you mean here. As the Help Center Article states under “What is Snapshot Capture?”: “The images taken by the snapshot capture feature will be integrated into your timeline along with the videos taken during motion events and Live View. That way you can scan through a single timeline and get a good overview of what’s happening around your home.”

Therefore, you must view these Snapshots through the Event History Timeline, which is exclusive the Ring app at this time as well. Since the Event History Timeline is not applicable and usable on Ring.com, then Snapshots will not be viewable on Ring.com. Rest assured I have passed on this desire to have this on Ring.com to the appropriate teams, but you will only be able to view Snapshots through the Ring app at this time.

We are getting the article updated to be more clear as we speak, and I will let you know once it is updated to avoid future confusion. :slight_smile: