Snapshot Capture Modes

Ring should offer the option for snapshots in all modes regardless of video capture. For example, I love the idea of having snapshot capture every 15 minutes regardless of what setting the camera is in. This is helpful for seeing where the sun is in the yard, if a car has come or gone, if a package was left on the porch at one time or another, etc. You can get a general idea of when things happened or something changed. But I prefer Disarm mode when me and the family are home, I turn on Home at night, and Away when gone. Unfortunately whichever cameras are turned off in Disarm won’t do snapshots, and if all cameras are on it means they must record footage as well, which is not necessary when home. Is this setting possible today? Or could this be considered in the future?

1 Like

Hi @RingUser007. I can absolutely see the value in this! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!