Snapshot capture issue

I haven’t found a post that specifically matches my issue, but it pertains to the snapshot capture. I have a Ring Doorbell 3, battery powered/not wired. If I set the snapshot capture frequency to 1 hour, the snapshots happen very sporadically. The interval can be totally random and very lengthy, like up to 12 hours is the longest I’ve seen in the timeline. However, if I set it to the other option of 14 minutes, it works like a charm every 14 minutes and all the snapshots can be seen in the timeline. Anyone else have this oddity? Any suggestions? I’ve tried all the usual disabling and re-enabling, removed the battery and reset everything. Since this is a battery powered unit, the concern is how much drain with the 14 minute option. Thank you

Hi @Mgriff1. What is the RSSI for your Doorbell? You can find this in the Device Health section of the Ring app. While you’re there, check to make sure that firmware is up to date. As a test, try resetting the Doorbell and setting it next to the router to see if the Snapshots work correctly while next to the router. You can perform a reset by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing and reconnecting to WiFi. Let me know the results!

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply, didn’t realize I had a response. It’s funny you mention the RSSI. I was just checking the community to see if I could understand that better. It is very puzzling to me how much it changes day to day. Yesterday, it was showing -53. Right now, as of 3:29 on 8/4, it’s at -77. I had noticed this variation shortly after I installed it. Since then I have upgraded my Xfinity plan to 1200 mbps. An Xfinity tech was here two days ago and upgraded some splitters, cables, amplifier, etc. and it looked great until today. I’m stumped. However, I will try the steps you describe with the moving close to the router, reset, etc. In the meantime, if you have any other thoughts based on this reply and RSSI, I would welcome your input.