Snapshot Capture 1 Min Interval Gone

Hello,

One of my prior cameras died and Ring was awesome at replacing it with a brand new one via the warrenty that is part of my plan. Evreything installed fine except for the fact that I no longer have 1 minute Snapshot Capture that I had on the prior one. Only 5 min to 1 Hour intervals. It’s a Outdoor Stickup Cam Battery with Solar attached. Any idea how to get that back? Thanks! Jay

1 Like

Lost your Snapshot “Every 1 Minute” selection? Sounds like a definite trend with Ring updating firmware (removing short-interval Snapshots selection). I had lost my “Every 30 seconds” interval recently on my outdoor Stick-up Plug-In Cameras, and my cameras HAD the ‘30 seconds’ setting. I did not replace my cameras and they WERE working fine taking Snapshots every 30 seconds … until the option disappeared. Full explaination is in the links below.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Snapshot-giveth-then-it-taketh-away-Bring-back-the-30-second/idi-p/47928

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/30-second-Snapshot-Interval-had-it-but-now-gone/m-p/47953#M10621

@Jay

Hey hey … I might have the possible Solution to your Stick-Up cam loss of your interval!

Remember in my previous link, I had stated I too lost my short Snapshot interval on my Stick-Up cams? Well, now I have “30 seconds” back … and two new choices of “1 Minute” and “3 Minutes” !!!

The Solution that worked for me is possibly a fix for you too!!!

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Snapshot-giveth-then-it-taketh-away-Bring-back-the-30-second/idi-p/47928

Seems it is a hiccup or something, but let me know if this works for you too! :slight_smile:

@Boone wrote:

@Jay

Hey hey … I might have the possible Solution to your Stick-Up cam loss of your interval!

Remember in my previous link, I had stated I too lost my short Snapshot interval on my Stick-Up cams? Well, now I have “30 seconds” back … and two new choices of “1 Minute” and “3 Minutes” !!!

The Solution that worked for me is possibly a fix for you too!!!

Seems it is a hiccup or something, but let me know if this works for you too! :slight_smile:

@jaywohlfeld

Hope this helped. Any unpdates?

I did not have that option in my settings BUT those intervals are in the ipad app (both the 1 minute and 30 second intervals in additional to the other ones). What is interesting is when I set it on my ipad it does reflect it in the snapshot options as selected on my Android app but only the one selected from the ipad. For example if I select 30 second interval on the ipad that one will show selected among the other normal long interval selections and 1 minute will not be there and vice-versa (even though they are all listen in the ipad app options) on the Android app. So for the shorter interval selections I can only set it via my ipad, not on Galaxy s10 phone. So weird that they cannot get these things to have the same options throughout platforms.

@jaywohlfeld wrote:

I did not have that option in my settings BUT those intervals are in the ipad app (both the 1 minute and 30 second intervals in additional to the other ones). What is interesting is when I set it on my ipad it does reflect it in the snapshot options as selected on my Android app but only the one selected from the ipad. For example if I select 30 second interval on the ipad that one will show selected among the other normal long interval selections and 1 minute will not be there and vice-versa (even though they are all listen in the ipad app options) on the Android app. So for the shorter interval selections I can only set it via my ipad, not on Galaxy s10 phone. So weird that they cannot get these things to have the same options throughout platforms.

Yes, I’ve been thinking about that same issue, on why some things are similiar/different on the different operating systems (apple iOS, or android, or a PC). Lots of varitaions.

My thought is that probably there are a bunch of software code-writers working on iOS, and a different bunch are working on the Windows PC app, and a bunch on the Ring Dashboard Website, and others on smart-phone Android apps, etc.

And apparently, either some things can be done on one operating system but not on another, or it can be done but is more difficult in one system, or all the different code-writers are are not being coordinated enough to standardize between all the different platforms.

But I agree, it would be nice if all the apps were the same.