Snap shots and motion zone

My 3rd Gen Ring Stickup battery cam has never generated any snap shots even though the setting is on. This also means the Motion Zone snapshot is wildly wrong and not showing the live view. Help!

Hi @Moodbeam. Where are you looking for the snapshots in the Ring app? The images taken by the Snapshot Capture feature will be integrated into your Event Timeline along with the videos taken during motion events and Live View. That way you can scan through a single timeline and get a good overview of what’s happening around your home. Feel free to share a screenshot of your Snapshot Capture settings as well as what you’re seeing on your end when you go to view the snapshots on your Event Timeline.

I have the same problem with my battery operated floodlight. The Snapshot toggle button is on, and frequency is set to 5 minutes - but the Save button in the upper righthand corner is unavailable (grayed out). I cannot find any Snapshots in my Event Timeline. Please help.

Hi @AJG. Have you tried changing the frequency from 5 minutes to one of the other options and then attempting to press save? Try changing to a different frequency, saving it, and then monitoring your Event Timeline for snapshots. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the response. I have changed the frequency to every 14 minutes. Will monitor and let you know.

1 Like