Slow reaction please help

My ring camera has slow reaction to motion. By the time it starts recording, the person already past the recording zone. Nothing being captured. How to solve? I called one representative who spent some time and didn’t solve the issue

Hi @Tony_Fei. What is the RSSI for your device? You can learn more about RSSI and what it means in our Community post here!

Thanks. I thought there is no reply. The RSSI is 55, is that the reason for slow response? If so, how can I improve it?

@Tony_Fei This could very well be the reason for the slow reaction! I recommend to buy a Chime Pro to connect the device to, as these are designed to help the preform of the device. I recommend to buy it from Amazon.com or Ring.com to give it a try, as we have a 30 day money back return policy if you do not see any improvement with the installment of this Chime Pro. :slight_smile:

Thanks, do you think chine pro works better than other wifi extender?

@Tony_Fei I think they both can work just as great, it depends on your situation. If it seems other devices in your home seem to lag when you watch video or do some other things, you may need wifi extenders for your home. If it seems to be just the Ring device in question, the Chime Pro is a better router as it is a wifi extender for just Ring devices, nothing else.