Slow Live View - I have followed suggestions

This is strange. I understand the suggestions and one in particular helped me zero in on the issue: Shut off WiFi on the phone and try it. Wow! Instant. Also all of my events are being recorded and sent to the cloud. This eliminates the bell to WiFI connection (RSSI -34), and our internet service (high speed fibre). So now to diagnose why the Ring app has so much Live View trouble with WiFi and opens fast(!) on 4G??? I did the speed test (SpeedTest.net) with the Android app and our router’s 2.5GHz WiFi on the same phone that runs the Ring app. Ping = 7ms, Jitter 4ms, Loss 0.0%, 56.13 Mbps down, 31.5 Mbps up. Again this is on the same phone including the WiFi. If I use the 5GHz WiFi the download speed jumps to 266MBps, so we are not landline/fiber limited.

For some reason, then, the routing between us (Cox Communications Mesa, AZ) and the Ring cloud live servers has some severe problems. I think I have eliminated all of the other possible causes. Correct me if I am wrong, and help me zero in on the problem here. It is extremely frustrating.

Hi there, @BobDenny! Excellent call to check these wifi and communication variables. If you have not already, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step. There was a recent incident reported for live view on Status.Ring.com and in the announcements section of the Community. This concern has since been resolved, though, and your Ring app should work as intended. If this is not the case, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Marley_Ring wrote:

[…] If you have not already, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step.

Ok, I did it. No change (no surprise). In my experience this is about like most other advice given by “Uncle Festus”… uninstall and reinstall, yeah! Negative. As in my own software support experience this usually does nothing, and sometimes causes unrelated problems that complicate the solution.

@Marley_Ring wrote: […] please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

I will do that. Thanks.