sky 4.2 hub door chime not connecting to wifi

Hi just had the new sky 4.2 hub sent to replace the old one as part of the sky booster package, my ring doorbell version 1 managed to connect to the router, however I am not able to set up the ring door chime with the new hub. after the green flashes it’s during the set-up process ends up turning red. it was working before on the old hub but can’t seem to connect to the new one.

has anyone had any other similar issues?

Hi @redcurry. When you’re attempting to connect your Chime, it flashes green and then red, correct? I’d recommend rebooting the router by unplugging it from power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnecting it. You’ll also want to verify the wifi password and bring the Chime closer to the router before attempting to set it up again.

If it is still unsuccessful in connecting to your router, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps to get this resolved. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.