Single Contact Point Alert

Doubt it is possible due to the very specific nature but we have a pool off the back of our house. There is a door that we do have a contact sensor on leading to that pool. Is there a way in the app to ALWAYS get an alert on the phone when that specific door is opened when not in Home or Away armed modes?

I know we can set a specific tone to go off for each contact point and I am thinking that may be the only way we would know while at home.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@dchackert wrote:

Doubt it is possible due to the very specific nature but we have a pool off the back of our house. There is a door that we do have a contact sensor on leading to that pool. Is there a way in the app to ALWAYS get an alert on the phone when that specific door is opened when not in Home or Away armed modes?

I know we can set a specific tone to go off for each contact point and I am thinking that may be the only way we would know while at home.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello @dchackert ,

Yes, you can have those text-type ‘pushed’ Notifications sent to your phone for Alarm Sensors, which will occur in all modes of “Disarmed”, “Home”, or “Away.”

• Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of dashboard) > Devices > Alarm Base Station > select your sensor (in your case, the door Contact Sensor) > then toggle enable “Open Alerts” and/or “Closed Alerts” (swipe right) to receive a text Notification to your phone.

This feature to get text Notifications can also be accomplished for Alarm Motion Sensors by toggling enable “Motion Alerts.”

You already mention the Chirp Tone sound from your Base Station and Keypad, by selecting the “Chirp Tones” button on this same page, select the sound you like from the available choices and then tap “Save” (upper-right-corner). But these sounds from Alarm Contact Sensors or Alarm Motion Sensors will not be heard on your phone (unlike when motion is detected on a Ring Camera device).

I hope you find this information useful. :slight_smile:

1 Like