Silent Alarm - Cut The Speaker

Hi,

I have read many threads in regards to people asking about siliencing the alarm.

I have the same requirements.

If its not possible in the app to have a silent alarm, can you please let me know how i can physically disable the alarm? Am guessing there is a speaker i can physcailly disconnect or cut?

Thank you
Kind Regards

Mark

Hi User51307,

I have thought about various places to hide this box, but in my situation, its just not practical and will still cause an annoyance.

I will reach out to the technical line and ask them for any plans or ways to kill the sound, and then the product will be perfect.

Thank you for your reply! Lets hope we get an option for a silent alarm soon :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi @CyberMark. At this time, there is not a silent alarm option. Once the alarm is sounding, you do have the ability to silence the alarm, but there is not a way to make the alarm silent right away. You can read more about this here.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. I was advised that any modifications to the ring device are not recommended as this may cause injury or prevent the device working correctly as well as voiding the warranty, i was able to disable the siren.

Now this product is almost perfect!

Next question, i now need more than a notification when the alarm does go off, even an automated phone call would be fine.

I just need to know if i activate the monitored service, that when the alarm goes off, i do not want any emergency services to be notified, i just need a phone call, or a better push notification.

Do you have any API’s maybe i can use to trigger a better alert via another method?

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Everyone,

So i have pretty much got this system to work exactly how i need too.

After making the alarm silent on the physical box, here is how i got better notifications using an Apple iPhone.

Install Amazon Alexa onto your phone
Add Ring as a skill
Add Alarm Skill
Create a routine for each motion detector or sensor you want
set a schedule
Set the first action to increase the volume to the desired level, 60% for me
Now set custom action “open siren alarm”

Now your phone will go off pretty loud based on what sensor you have set to be triggured.

Would be nice to link more sensors in one routine, but this is what i have so far.

Cheers

Now i have a silent system, which i do not need to Arm as Alexa has a schedule and will alert me instead of the push notification.

If i

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.