Shortcuts area shifts cameras down the screen

Is there any way to have the Shortcuts area just show up consistently? Right now, most of the time, when I open the Ring app, it shows the cameras, then when I go to tap on a camera, the Shortcuts area pops in and shifts the cameras down the screen, meaning I tap on a camera different from the one I intended to tap on.

I can get ride of the Shortcuts area, but that defeats the purpose of having Shortcuts. Is there anything I’m missing in terms of just having the Shortcuts area stay constant so that it doesn’t shift the cameras down? Seems like terrible UI design… “you want to tap here? Ha, just kidding, make you tap on something else! What do you think it’ll look like next time you open the app? Open it to find out!” :roll_eyes:

(on a side note, how come the “optional” tag is required to post? It’s not optional if it’s required, is it?)

Hi @mrbofus! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community. The Ring app dashboard shortcuts feature should display in a reasonably quick amount of time after opening the app, if not instantly. If your shortcuts section is loading very slowly, I recommend checking for any unused tiles that can be removed to limit how much is loading, as well as ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device. To test in an optimal environment, try closing any apps running in the background and comparing between wifi only versus cellular data connections on the mobile device.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add any related requests on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here.

The Community team is also always open to feedback, so thank you for sharing your observation about post tagging. Consider it received! :slight_smile: