Shared Users/Answer Ring

Hello! This is my first time here so please be gentle. LOL I’ve got my doorbell all set up and I have the device set up as far as motion and notifications, etc. I’ve also added shared users. My question is this, if someone rings the bell, all shared users have the ability to “answer” the call, which is what I want. But, once someone answers, is there a way to prevent a different shared user from “answering” as well? We tested this yesterday and we had a whole group conversation happening… LOL In order to prevent confusion, I was wondering if there is a setting that I may have missed that maybe disconnects other shared users once the call has been answered.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, @March! I know exactly the scenario you speak of here, as it’s happened with my family as well. Two “hellos” might scare a visitor away! At this time, there is not a feature specifically to avoid multi two way talk, however, shared users can certainly answer while keeping their audio muted.

Personally, I have found a great method is having shared users disable their alerts, or simply not answer, during times when they know I will be home or monitoring events. Of course, this is easier said than done.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: