Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
S
Shared users and Live Viewing in Disarmed Mode
app-settings
troubleshooting
cs-support
When the primary user switches from Home mode to Disarmed mode the primary users app shows "Live View Disabled" BUT the shared users app still gives "Live View" access even though the mode has been changed from Home to "Disarmed" After running some network tests to see if there was a delay in the shared users app updating the status I found the following. If the primary user switches modes, the shared user can continue to use "Live view" in disarmed mode as long as they wish. It is not until the shared users app is fully closed and then reopened that the "live view" entitlement is updated and removed. So unless I am missing something, using Disarmed Mode actually means all your shared mates can view your live feeds at any time, during any mode, provided they don't restart their apps. Disarmed mode is therefore NOT PRIVATE OR properly DISARMED in DISARMED MODE

24-10-2023 09:55:26

Responses (3)

J
Hi @Stevexxx. I would recommend verifying that the Shared Users Ring app is updated with the latest update available. If it is and you are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team to have this further investigated. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here.](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us)

27-10-2023 05:34:54

N

This is an old problem, and apparently well known at Ring, but they do not seem to have any haste to solve it. I have Ring on my iPhone and my iPad and my wife has it on her iPhone When I change the mode on my iPad, to disarmed it is still shown as armed on the other devices. I recently spoke to a ring assistant who advised me to delete the app completely and reinstall it and that would solve the problem which it did. However it didn’t take long before it came back. I have the newest iPad and iPhone 14 promax and my wife has an iPhone 15 pro. We have the latest software and all the software is automatically updated on all devices. I find it very disappointing that after all this time ring has not managed to address this problem. If anybody does know a real solution, I should be delighted to learn of it, as deleting and reinstalling the app continually is not really a very elegant solution.

21-05-2024 03:11:47

J

Hi @NTMJ. You have tried all the. basic troubleshooting steps I would have suggested for this concern. The next best step is to give our support team a call for them to further investigate this with you.

23-05-2024 04:21:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User