Shared User does not receive Alexa notifications

Hi there, I have installed the Ring Video Doorbell 2 and I am the main account holder on Ring.

We have 2 Alexa devices - one is signed in as my account and the other as my wife who is a Shared User on the Ring account.

Doorbell Press Announcements are active on both accounts in the Skills settings on Alexa but only the device signed in as me creates a notification / chime / announcement.

Do all Alexa devices have to be signed in as the main Ring account owner or have I set something up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Hi @Trikster. When linking your Ring and Amazon accounts, they all need to share the same account credentials. If the devices are registered with multiple emails, it can cause the issue that you are having. I would recommend linking all the accounts using 1 email to get all of your devices synced properly. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.

However, this sort of negates the whole benefit of Shared Users in RING. Each of the Users will have their own Amazon accounts and Amazon devices.

Asking them to all login to their own Amazon devices with the “primary Ring account” is not a practical solution.

This needs to be resolved to be honest.

Regards

Richard

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, @Trikster. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I’m so grateful for this thread discussion. I have my own ring account and my mother (in a separate home) has hers as well. We share with each other, however, I utilize my alexa enabled devices on my account and did NOT want to receive notifications on all of my Alexa devices for my mother’s ring cameras. This would only add severe confusion everytime I hear a doorbell chime or motion ringing through my home. I saw that my Ring account said that it automatically linked my Alexa devices when I accepted her share invitation. This is what prompted me to search for answers. If I start receiving notifications on my echos, then I’ll have to delete her access… unless you have a way to separate the two accounts from alexa devices. I know this discussion was a state a couple of years ago, so I’m hoping that things are still the same and no notifications will play out loud… if it’s been updated/ changed, then please advise.
If all is the same then thank you for this previous discussion, it was helpful for me!

Tay

Hi @TatorTot. In the Alexa app, you have the ability to select a specific Ring devices and choose which Alexa device will be used for announcements. Simply select the device and then tap Announcement devices. I hope this helps.