Shared User does not receive Alexa notifications

Hi there, I have installed the Ring Video Doorbell 2 and I am the main account holder on Ring.

We have 2 Alexa devices - one is signed in as my account and the other as my wife who is a Shared User on the Ring account.

Doorbell Press Announcements are active on both accounts in the Skills settings on Alexa but only the device signed in as me creates a notification / chime / announcement.

Do all Alexa devices have to be signed in as the main Ring account owner or have I set something up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Hi @Trikster. When linking your Ring and Amazon accounts, they all need to share the same account credentials. If the devices are registered with multiple emails, it can cause the issue that you are having. I would recommend linking all the accounts using 1 email to get all of your devices synced properly. I hope this helps!

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.

However, this sort of negates the whole benefit of Shared Users in RING. Each of the Users will have their own Amazon accounts and Amazon devices.

Asking them to all login to their own Amazon devices with the “primary Ring account” is not a practical solution.

This needs to be resolved to be honest.

Regards

Richard

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, @Trikster. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: