Shared user arm disarm

I added my wife as a shared user for all equipment but she cannot arm/disarm from the app

@Zoob wrote:
I added my wife as a shared user for all equipment but she cannot arm/disarm from the app

Hello @Zoob ,

Double check your App (that you logged on using your “Owner” email/password) to insure she has permission for all your equipment (of course this is after she made her own Ring account, and click the link/‘accepted’ the email invite, when you initially set her up as a ‘Shared User’):

Main Menu 3 horizontal bar icon, upper-left-corner of Dashboard) > Control Center > Shared Users > “Manage” for your location > click on spouse’s name > double check all equipment is toggled blue enabled.

If it is indeed showing that the toggles all have “App access granted”, and especially the bottom “Security System” is showing ‘Code will control Ring Alarm’, then I recommend you go and un-toggle each, pause, and then re-toggle each back ON. It’s rare, but sometimes a ‘glitch’ somewhere in the App can deny permission even while showing the toggles in the correct position. You cycling the toggles just re-sends the granting-permission again.

I hope this is helpful to you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn’t work. My app clearly shows she has access to all devices, including the base station and keypad, but hers shows only the doorbell and another camera. In addition to what you suggested, I also tried uninstall/reinstall the app, to no avail.

Any other thoughts?

@Zoob wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn’t work. My app clearly shows she has access to all devices, including the base station and keypad, but hers shows only the doorbell and another camera. In addition to what you suggested, I also tried uninstall/reinstall the app, to no avail.

Any other thoughts?

Dang, OK @Zoob ,

This is a little bit of a long-shot, but check the top of the Apps to insure that there are not two location selections available on the Dashboard (tap on the location that is just right of the 3 horizontal lines)? There is a slight possibility that with two or more addresses/locations that some devices where loaded at one place and the Base Station at another location place in the App. If this is indeed the case, all devices should be at one location (address).

4 Likes

Oh oh @Zoob , another thing,

Make sure to on her App that it does show the same location address as your and does NOT display " All Cameras" on the location that is just right of the 3 horizontal lines! That setting would only display cameras (your Doorbell & the other camera) and no Alarm Modes.

This “All Cameras” setting is useful if you are sharing between other Ring camera owners and allows all cameras to be displayed together as if they were all at the same location. This is useful for just monitoring cameras , like with “Neighborhood Watch” groups when several people in the neighborhood have shared Ring cameras.

2 Likes

I had the same problem but worked it out.

click on the devices in the app then on the one you want her to have access to. Then click on mode settings and enable “shared user access”.

Log her out of the app and then back in again and it should work. You might have to enable this for each device.

Your longshot worked Boone. For some reason she had our address listed twice on the app. I selected the second one and that did it. Thanks!!

3 Likes

I had my wife log out and log back in and then the app arming was no longer greyed out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.