Shared access devices do not ring on Echo

I’m the owner of a Doorbell 2, and shared access with somebody that owns several Echo speakers around the house. This user has added the doorbell to her Alexa App, successfully configured which speakers to announce when doorbell is pressed, however they don’t “ring”.

On the alexa app everything looks as it should, however Echo’s are not announcing visitors.

I, on the other hand, I’m also the owner of a doorbell elsewhere, with my own echo speakers, using the same settings, it does work just fine.

Does the feature not work when Ring access is shared vs an owner ?

Hi @sza. That is correct; it is intended for the Alexa skill to be linked with the Doorbell by the Owner of the Doorbell and not the Shared User. If the Shared User tries to link the Doorbell to Alexa then you can have issues like the one you are experiencing. I was able to find this Feature Request post where another neighbor is requesting this be added as a feature. Feel free to comment and vote on it. The Feature request board helps us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.