Setup will not Complete on iPhone Ring App

Uninstall app on iPhone then re download and reinstall app, sign in and error re set up not complete should have gone

Just tell them to uninstall app and then reinstall it , sign into their account and set up incomplete error should have gone

Some problem here, except my mechanical chum is not working. It’s buzzing.

Same problem. Setting up ringdoorbell, came here looking for help. I set everything else up but on that screen for the setup process, it says “Chime Connection” " Checking your doorbell system…" “We’re making sure your ring doorbell can receive the power it needs.”

It tells me its hardwired in the app, it streams video with sound to my phone, responds to the doorbell button being pushed. But I can’t “Complete” the installation. Weird. Frustrating.

I was already set to chime type none. This isn’t my problem. :confused:

As some other users said, deleting the app and reinstalling it was the way to go. Something about the iphone/android app doesn’t like the instalation process. That fixed it. Buggy app.

Exact same error on final steps chime connection

Folks, the app will work just fine whether the chime set up is complete or incomplete. Dont worry about it. The chime settings is just a bug in the app. Uninstall the app, reinstall the app. Dont mess with going through the whole choime sequence. If the doorbell works, the ring picks up video you are fine. I see a million of these same posts. Same thing. If it says setup is incomplete. Just pretend it is. It will work just fine.

I am having the same issue. Android user and I have deleted and reinstalled app with no success.

Hey neighbors! If the suggestion of uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App does not resolve this concern, it would be best for you to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look at this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: