Setup device (door camera) in windows 10

I’ve installed a ring door bell camera a few years ago and it works great on my cell phone, but when I tried to get the app working today in my windows 10 laptop I hit a wall when I tap on setup a device, it just takes me to the website instructions for setting up on a cell phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi there, @tarnall! The setup process of a Ring device can only be completed using the Ring app on a compatible Android or IOS mobile device. The windows 10 and OSX versions of the Ring app are much lighter than the mobile version, giving you access to your events and live view but not containing advanced features or options that exist in the mobile version of the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley, thanks for the update but your ahead of me on your answer. All I can do is download the app and run it. The page I get is “Add a Ring device” Under that is says “Set up a device” When I puch that button it just takes me back to your website with instructions for a cell phone. I can’t get any further then that.

Hi @tarnall, happy to chime in here. You’ll need to be signed into the same Ring account that your existing Ring device is set up under. The email address and password that you use for the Ring App on your phone will need to be used when signing into the desktop app as well. If you used a different email address, it will give you this message as there are no devices registered to it.

Hi, based on your comments I think I see the problem, but not sure how to fix it.

My e-mail address for the windows shows tas.spam@gmail.com and the one on my cell is tarnall6548@gmail.com.

How does one fix this?

Thanks, Terry