Settings for alerts and dogs

Hi! We have had the doorbell for a while but recently added several indoor and outdoor cameras, both for security and to monitor the unsafe choices of an unruly adolescent. I don’t want to disable the motion detectors while we are home but also don’t want it singing at me every time we walk down the hall.
Other than silencing my phone or changing the tone to silent during day then to alert me at night (I want it to wake me at night), what are my options? I have looked every place I could think of.
Also, I have it set to only send notifications for people. However, it thinks my 45 pound German shepherd is a human. How can I adjust that?
Thanks so much!

Hi @Grimsmom. You can use the Motion Snooze feature to disable Motion Alerts for a selected amount of time. Since you have multiple Cameras, you can use the Global Snooze feature to temporarily silence motion alerts for all of your Cameras at one location. You can read more about these features in our Help Center Article here. For any concerns on motion detection, you can read more about how it works here, and you many need to try adjusting your settings as it can take some trial and error to figure out what works best for you.

That is what I have been doing but it is annoying having to do it several times a day. I was hoping I could set up a schedule since I can do that for the light groups.

We have professionals for the child issue, but thanks. … and I love the crow- they are actually really smart birds.
That is what I have been doing but it is annoying having to do it several times a day. I was hoping I could set up a schedule since I can do that for the light groups…

@Grimsmom If you need to have motion alerts disabled for a large period of time, you can try using the Motion Scheduling feature to schedule specific times and days where you do not receive motion alerts. During the time that motion alerts are disabled due to Motion Scheduling, you can’t turn on motion alerts manually without cancelling the motion schedule. Also, your alerts will be disabled but your Cameras will still record during that time.

1 Like