Set Up for Ring WiFi

I have tried setting up my generation 2 Ring Doorbell on andriod and my sons iphone and on both it won’t connect to the RIng WiFi.

Any ideas as I’ve just wasted 1.5 hours trying to set it up.

It wouldn’t even scan the QMS or bar codes on the back of the bell during set up.

Thanks

Hi @user31262. Your Ring device creates a temporary ‘network’ that you will use as an access point only during the setup process, before you connect it to your home wifi network. After you connect to your home wifi network, you will no longer be connected to the temporary access point.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps if you’re having issues connecting to the Ring AP:

• On an Apple/iOS device, reboot by shutting down the device and powering it back on.
  • On Android, adjust the Smart Network Switch.
  • Make sure your battery is fully charged if you’ve attempted setup multiple times during a first time set up. Batteries are not shipped with 100% charge due to legal regulations and may have drained during your previous attempts.
  • Try setting up your Ring device using a different mobile device (i.e. another mobile phone or tablet).

You can also find more troubleshooting steps for setup-related concerns here. If none of these suggestions help and you’re unable to complete the setup process, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.