Set Ring doorbell 3 to only record motion when the button is pushed

Hello,

Can you please tell me how to set Ring doorbell 3 to only record motion when the button is pushed?

Thank you

Hi there, @ShawnUK! Motion detection and button push events are different in how they are reported to your Ring app and in how they are initiated. If you are wanting to only record a video on button press, but not motion, you will want to disable motion. From the Ring device page in your Ring app, there is a record motion toggle that can be disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello, is there a link saying that if I disable motion it will only record a video on button press as I need something that says that to get permission to put it up

1 Like

There is indeed a help center article that should be useful here. Our Motion Record toggle article outlines the ability to completely disable motion alerts and recording. When motion is disabled, your ring alerts and live view initiations will still work and record as intended as long as you are subscribed to a Protect Plan.

In addition to the ability to disable motion, there are also the options to disable audio recording and create privacy zones. :slight_smile: