Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
N
Serious Security Breach
hardwired-video-doorbell
cs-support
This particular incident happened some time back. It was reported to the police. The long and short of it involves stalking - including expert level device compromises. (Lock picking aside). One afternoon I walked out of my bedroom having taken a nap. Walking into my lounge I was astonished to see my front door closing behind an intruder. As the intruder was making their exit I did hear a Ring doorbell motion alert, however it was coming from their phone they were apparently holding, whereas my phone failed to alert me in any way. Understandably shaken, instead of just rushing over to open the front door to see whoever had somehow broken into my locked home, I at least had the presence of mind to quickly open my Ring app, expecting the evidence to be right there. There was no corresponding video footage. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to explain exactly what my stalker could have done to achieve this disturbing compromise? The only additional information I can offer are these three facts: My phone/tablets etc have been compromised by 'stalkerware'. Passwords etc captured by associated key logging/screen recording/streaming. My phone's sim card was/is cloned. Apple stated this in response to my Apple I.D being deleted. I've recently stumbled upon the fact my android phone appeared to have been side loaded with a fake Play Store, and many of the apps on my phone were apks from unknown sources.

18-11-2023 06:47:11

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Norwich82. For any security concerns, it is best to reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here.](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us)

20-11-2023 07:04:39

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

20-12-2023 07:05:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User