Sensors showing wrong date/time in Event history after power outage

Hi All,

Interesting glitch with sensors. My power was out for several days. Once restored, everything is working fine. However, when reviewing the sensor Event Histories, the date and time is several days behind. The alarm hub has correct date/time on its event history. Anyone know how to get the sensors to sync their date/time?

Hi @Tex1! Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Ring app yet? If not, this is a great way to ensure the Ring app is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. As the Base Station has the correct date/time, your Sensors should up date after some time or events triggering. If they have not updated try resetting your z-wave network via the advanced settings for your Base Station in the Ring app. Keep in mind, doing this will result in the removal of all Alarm devices and they will require a new setup, configuration, and registration. If you feel this is necessary, we recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Similar experience. After power restoration from a 3-day power outage, all Event timestamps showed 2.5 days behind actual date. I corrected by “rebooting” Ring Alarm via Ring app. It can take upwards of 30 minutes for each sensor to return “online” with the correct timestamp. Alternatively, I manually forced “online” by triggering each sensor, I.e. open/close door. Hope this helps, neighbor.

Note - Reinstall of Ring app did not correct time.

4 Likes

Thanks Jaseliu. I will give it a shot this weekend!

1 Like