Sensor occasionally wrongly faults

My Ring alarm system has 12 contact sensors on windows and doors, as well as two motion detectors. There are also two range extenders and one keypad. On occasion the door sensor on the main entry/exit door will fault shortly after the system is armed. This only happens about one out of twenty times. Initially the sensor was mounted with about a 5/8" gap, well within the specs, but I built a small platform to bring it within 1/8". I changed the batteries in the sensor and then replaced it with a new sensor without change. This sensor is only 14 feet from a range extender. When this happens, disarming the system and opening/closing the door will clear the sensor. This has not happened with any other device in the system. Any ideas?

Hi @dfuerpo. it sounds like you’ve done a bit of troubleshooting so far to no avail, so it may be best to reach out to our support team regarding this particular sensor. They can walk you through some further troubleshooting such as resetting the sensor in an effort to ensure that it is operating properly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: