Sensor goes mad, automatically eliminated its configuration and triggered the alarm!

Hi,

I have a Motion sensor 1st Gen that has done the following sequence and then triggered a false alarm.

1 - sensor configuration restablished (this happened without any human intervention, at that time the alarm has been set for 20 days and I was not at home)
2 - sensor offline
3 - sensor eliminated from the system
4 - sensor triggered the alarm

After this I have cheked in the alarm configuration and the sensor was gone, no trace from it.

This happened while I was flying, so the alarm was on for 1 hour at 12:00 am. My neighbors complained, with good reasons as I live in a flat. I think false alarms are one of the worst problem a system can have. I don’t trust this system anymore now and my neighbors would request me to uninstall it if this happens again.

Hi @ignaciotex. This could happen if the batteries in your Motion Detector are low. Low batteries can cause the device to fall offline and this will cause a false alarm. Try changing the batteries to correct this concern.

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for your answer.

This could be true, but the sensor never gave me a battery warning before. And also why it has been erased from the configuration? It is completely gone.

I have had contact sensors that have fallen offline at certain moments, but none of it triggered the alarm, they just go offline and back with the alarm set and no problem at all.

Can I make a request to Ring to update software to avoid problems like this?
These false alarms are very bad for the reliability of the system, if I have many sensor it is highly probable that one of them might run out of battery at certain moment, that cannot trigger the alarm.

Hi @ignaciotex. I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can go over you sensors history with you. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.