Sensor automatically rremoved from Ring alarm: very distrubing

Today, I was just checking the battery level of devices in Ring alarm app and noticed that one contact sensor was missing. It was totally gone. Vanished. I removed the sensor battery and it was completely dead, the battery tester needle won’t even move. So, I replaced the battery but the sensor never showed up in devices. I had to re-scan the QR code and add the sensor as a fresh device. How can this happen? I arm the system daily and if door sensors remove themselves automatically, how can I even trust the Ring system? I don’t even know when the sensor removed itself. It is on a perimeter door so purpose of securing the home is defeated.

Also, for the drained battery, I never received any notification in the app. I open the app at least once in two days to check if there is any notification, there was none. I get notified about all the cool things I can do and deals and whatnot, but not about a dying battery?

2 Likes

This is odd the hear of, neighbor. Our support team will be happy to take a closer look at this concern for you to get it resolved.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Thank you :slight_smile:

This exact same issue just happened to me. One of my sensors showed as offline and when I go to check the ring app it shows the sensor was removed from my alarm.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. My Garage door contact sensor is running out of battery. I replaced the battery, but it’s not showing up in the device list. Then I manually added the device again. It shows up correctly, but after I open and close the door once, the app shows an alert the sensor is offline, and auto-removed again. :frowning:

Hi @seanyao. I suggest reaching out to our support for this concern. They’ll be able to take a look at some data for the Contact Sensor and determine why this is happening.

Hi Support,
I am running into the same scenario where ring door sensor goes offline and automatically remove itself. What can I do to fix it?

I have had the same issue but the sensor automatically removed while the alarm was set and triggered the alarm.