Security Screw Won't Come Out - For Me and MANY OTHERS!

The other thread on this topic was closed in April, 2022. I imagine there’s another but didn’t find so I’m starting this again. I am appalled. 72 years old. Have 3 Ring Cams and a doorbell. I have had to unscrew and open the doorbell maybe 4 times since I got it to charge the battery. This time there was no getting the screw out. As MANY MANY others complained from 2019 to 2022 on the other thread the special screwdriver just goes around and around and not screw out. It was very hard for me to deal with this as I live alone and depend on this security at night. I ended up having to do what many others did - - - use a screwdriver to pry the front off. Thank God it didn’t break the doorbell but this is ridiculous that Ring has known about this and has not fixed this issue. I am on a strict budget and hate the idea of abandoning all my RING produces (cams and solar panels for some) yet I really want to now. For them to go that long without addressing this and for me to buy one not so long ago with them KNOWING about this say just where their integrity lies - in the company bank account. I will say the screwdriver method is to take a very thin flat head screwdriver and gently pry here and there on the sides (top corners worked best for me). I thought for sure I would break it but I stayed gentle but firm and it finally popped off. The screw was attached and then screwed right out. Good luck.

Hi @dnta11. If you are having difficulty removing the screw, it may be stripper or damaged. There are a few techniques you can use to remove it without causing damage to your device. I would suggest using a rubber band on the tip of your screwdriver for better grip. If your screw is too damaged, you can find a replacement here. In any case, I would not suggest prying off the faceplate to the doorbell, as this may cause damage to your device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.