Security problem: password update screen broken on both app and the website

The password update screens are broken on both the current iOS app and the website; in both places, the “create password” field cannot be typed (or pasted) into. The “verify password” field works normally, except that of course it cannot match the null first password field.

Thus any password update is blocked. This is a serious problem for an online camera app. My email and password have been compromised and I cannot turn off public access to my doorbell camera.

Someone in ring technical support please address this asap!

Sorry to hear about this experience, neighbor. This should not be happening. If you have not already, try another device or web browser.

As the Ring Community is a public neighbor to neighbor forum, our technical support teams do not monitor this platform. As we value both your privacy and your security, this would be best resolved with our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.