Security camera flood lights come on during the day

My ring security camera flood lights come on during the day. From I understanding the lights should not come on during the day. Why? Can I keep them off during the day?

Hi @Suntzu. You are correct, the lights on the Floodlight Camera should only come on when it is dark outside. With that being said, the lights may come on during the day if you have a Light Schedule set. You can take a look at how to set up and edit a Light Schedule here. If you already have one set up, then I’d recommend removing it and setting it back up again to ensure everything is running smoothly.

If that is not successful and the lights continue to come on during the day, then I’d suggest performing a full reset and new setup of the Camera. You can do this by holding down the setup button on the top of the Camera for 30 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let us know how these steps work out for you in case other neighbors have a similar concern. :slight_smile: