Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Security Camera doesn’t record motion
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
I have a complete Ring alarm system (door bell, security camera, sensors, etc). Everything works fine, but I can’t for the life of me make the security camera to record (motion) events. I can see image live, no problems. And I’ve tried everything I could find: motion detection and motion alerts are ON, the security modes are also configured accordingly, and I’ve tried every variation in smart alerts, camera sensitivity, zones, etc. There’s nothing being recorded and available at the Event History page. When I pass in front of the camera, I see the red led turning on, so it IS aware of motion. But nothing gets recorded. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rubens

25-08-2023 09:24:48

Responses (2)

D
UPDATE: it started to magically work! Not sure if it was just because the system needed some time to update settings, or because of the latest change I’ve tried: to turn OFF “motion alerts” (leaving only “motion sensor” ON). Doesn’t make any sense to me, but anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

26-08-2023 12:04:32

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-09-2023 12:05:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User