Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Second Battery on Ring Cam Not Showing
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

The second battery on the wireless battery spotlight camera does not display as being installed. This is a problem that has been voiced again and again to Ring/Amazon and the TRUTH is that they have no answer. They will give a run around about resetting the system, et cetra, but they are lying. Amazon is lying. I have four such cameras and all of them behave this way. Every once in a while, they will show both batteries charging (solar) but they rarely do. They will even switch occasionally between which one is shown charging. I’ve come to the conclusion that both batteries are working and therefore the double battery life we hope for (and paid good money for) is working. But the bottom line is that I am not certain, because this problem is a weak link in the Ring System.

09-01-2024 05:40:03

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user73876. If you have installed a second Quick Release Battery Pack in your Spotlight Cam, it should be listed on the Device Health page. Make sure your Ring app is fully updated, and try performing a reboot using the reboot option.The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure that both batteries are firmly inserted in the battery hatch, and there there are no dirt or debris potentially obstructing the second battery.

I’m glad to hear that your Spotlight Cam is otherwise working correctly. Having it connected to the Ring Solar Panel will not trickle charge both batteries at once, only one. If you try the troubleshooting steps I shared above, and you still only see one battery on the Device Health page, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

11-01-2024 06:32:37

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User