Screeching audio at times

Has anyone else had the issue of having screeching audio in both live views and video recordings? This doesn’t happen all the time, bit in both live viewing with someone at my door and on video recordings, made from motion alerts, I will get this awful screeching as the audio that is unbearable to listen to while viewing the video or live view. Needless to say if it happens after answering a ring, I can’t communicate with the person at the door!

Again, this doesn’t happen every time, but frequently.

Hi @DRock. If you’re hearing any type of screeching noise in your Live View or recordings, please try resetting your Doorbell and performing a fresh setup. You can reset your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Doorbell up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this concern continues to happen, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: