Screech/static in audio of spotlight cam footage

Hi,
From time to time I get this loud, screeching noise in my spotlight battery cam footage. RSSI signal is good and it only happens occassionally. I never hear any noise coming from the camera itself so this is apparently some artifact of the recording. I do note the delivery person has a cell phone in hand so maybe some interference there but I would hope these cameras are built to not pick up interference from cell phones carried by delivery persons or even a guest arriving. Any input appreciated. Warning, audio is pretty loud so turn down speakers.
@Caitlyn_Ring maybe you can review?

1 Like

Hi @trail-explorer. It’s difficult to speculate on what specifically might have caused this static to occur in the video, especially if it’s not happening all the time. Typically with this type of concern, we recommend performing a full reset on your Spotlight Cam in order to ensure everything is running smoothly. You can reset your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this static occurs again after trying the full reset and a fresh setup, then our support team can assist further and determine if a replacement may even be needed under the device’s warranty. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: