Schlage smart connect wifi issue

Hi guys so I had this lock paired and the button was showing up in app. I linked through amazon key.

Now the button has disappeared and I can no longer lock or unlock the door from the ring app.

I removed the amazon key account link and rekindled through amazon key app but still nothing. Pretty frustrating loosing the door lock button from the app randomly and the app thinks my amazon key is linked and working. Any suggestions?

If not I’ll probably be dumping this lock. Only reason I got it is because Ring has it slapped on their door lock page with video door bell combo. And It was available at my local Best Buy. Otherwise I would have grabbed something else.

If you are thinking about grabbing it I would stay away. Looks like Ring can’t even support it right even though they advertise it as bundle. I would stick to Z-wave lock.

Sorry to hear about this @Nkd83! Your Schlage lock and unlock option should be available during a Video Doorbell live view. While live viewing in the time line, please ensure the live view is in landscape mode/ view and tap the plus button. Then select the padlock to lock/ unlock.

If you still do not see this option, please check out our Amazon Key help center article containing steps for setup, FAQs, and guidelines on how to access these options. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Its not there under live view either. That is the frustrating part. It used to be on dashboard in the same rows as Nearby incidents and right next to the History button. and not sure what happened the ring app has totally lost that option for me. May be your staff needs to look in to it.

I seriously urge Ring to look in to it so its not mis reprentation on your end becuase something did break as it was working fine for a month.

Thank you for trying that out! As I share this experience with our teams here, please confirm the model of Schlage lock you are using. Keep in mind, all Key-compatible locks other than the Schlage Encode wifi Smart Lock, require a Cloud Cam as part of the Key Smart Lock Kit.

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I’m using the Schalge Encode Wifi Smart Lock and the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Both are authenticated in the Amazon Key app. In the Ring app I used to see the little lock icon and be able to lock and unlock from the app. I’ve unlinked both Ring and Schlage from Key, individually and together, now dozens of time. I deleted apps and reinstalled them. Nothing. This functionality is quite important. I just want it back. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @Markesan! It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on your own, thank you for being proactive! We do have a great Help Center article for the Key by Amazon app and Smart Locks here. If performing those steps yields no success, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Come back and update us with your results!

@Nkd83 wrote:

Its not there under live view either. That is the frustrating part. It used to be on dashboard in the same rows as Nearby incidents and right next to the History button. and not sure what happened the ring app has totally lost that option for me. May be your staff needs to look in to it.

I seriously urge Ring to look in to it so its not mis reprentation on your end becuase something did break as it was working fine for a month.

Hello @Nkd83 . When you said, “It used to be on dashboard in the same rows as Nearby incidents and right next to the History button” it was then that I realized that you are referring to the “Shortcuts” banner feature in the middle of the phone app’s Dashboard, correct?

Now I’m just guessing here, because I don’t have either the Smart Lock nor Amazon Key app. But if you are referring to the “Shortcuts”, a recent update to the phone app (in the USA) modified the “Shortcuts”, to add new features.

While on your main Dashboard, swipe left on the Shortcuts until you see the the “Edit” icon on the far right, and click on “Edit.” Then on this “Manage your Shortcuts” screen, you can now modify which Shortcuts you want to be displayed (Visible Shortcuts) or those shortcuts that you don’t want displayed (Hidden Shortcuts) on your dashboard. You can even change the order the shortcuts are displayed on the dashboard, by holding your finger on the far-right “=” icon, to then move each shortcut up or down (which will show up as left-to-right on your dashboard).

Remember you may have to swipe left/right on this Dashboard Shortcuts banner, if you have more than three Visible Shortcuts selected.

@Nkd83 and [@Markesan](https://community.ring.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/84507) , there is a possibility that your "Locks" icon button got changed somehow to a "Hidden Shortcut" and therefore now set to not be displayed.  But  @Nkd83  you also said, "_Its not there under live view either_ " and I don't know if restoring "Locks" on your Visible Shortcuts will fix this or not. 

I hope this helps you :slight_smile:

@Nkd83 I had this same frustration when I upgraded from the original Ring Doorbell to the Ring Doorbell 2. The Key lock was associated with the old doorbell under “linked devices” and it did not disconnect when i removed the Ring Doorbell. I had to readd the old device and unlink the lock from it’s settings, then remove the Doorbell again. I reconnected Key and it prompted me right away to choose an active device to associate the lock with. Might be worth a try for you to remove from any connected devices, active or not.

2 Likes

Hi @Boone,

Thanks for your reply. There is no way in my app to access the Shortcuts Menu. I’ve hit every corner of the app muliple times and it appears to not exist in my version.

As you described I tried swiping the tiles but that action only takes me to the main left hand navigation. From that nav, I’ve gone through all the options listed there many times and it’s not there. Another Ring Help Forum page said it was in Settings under “Location Settings” but it’s not there in my app. Btw I’m using iOS and have the latest version downloaded.

Mark

@Markesan wrote:

Hi @Boone,

Thanks for your reply. There is no way in my app to access the Shortcuts Menu. I’ve hit every corner of the app muliple times and it appears to not exist in my version.

As you described I tried swiping the tiles but that action only takes me to the main left hand navigation. From that nav, I’ve gone through all the options listed there many times and it’s not there. Another Ring Help Forum page said it was in Settings under “Location Settings” but it’s not there in my app. Btw I’m using iOS and have the latest version downloaded.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The new ability to “Edit” the Dashboard’s Shortcut is out, but it is a “slow-rollout”, so some of us already have this feature, and some don’t. But the good news is that it is coming to you. As to when your App gets is depends on multiple factors (your country, which part of the country you are located in, your cell provider company, etc). More information was in this thread:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Customize-the-Dashboard/td-p/54177

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

I just upgraded from the Peephole Doorbell to the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 .
The peep hole door bell was linked to my Schlage Encode lock through the Amazon Key App .
I removed the peephole Doorbell and now the Encode door lock is gone from the Ring app
. I reset the lock removed it from the Key app and added it back and it’s still not showing up in the Ring app
. I add the lock to a different camera in the Amazon key app but it’s still not showing up in the live view of that camera and on the dashboard in the Ring app.
I have another lock which is a Yale z-wave lock and that’s showing up on the Dashboard.
Also my new Ring Doorbell Pro doesn’t show up in the Amazon Key app as one of the Cameras to choose from .
I read below where someone said to re-add the doorbell that the lock was attached to and then move the lock to a different camera., gonna try that when i get home later today .
It’s nuts that this is happening to the Schlage Door lock, Amazon needs to fix this issue.

Wow!. Thank you, your method worked great for me . I re-added the peephole doorbell that the Schlage Encode lock was connect to and remove the lock from it’s settings and was able to now add the lock to my Ring Doorbell Pro 2 in the Ring app.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.