Schlage Encode Plus

I recently purchased the Schlage Encode “Plus”. My doorbell pro 2 will not allow me to connect the lock to the Ring app. I previously had the regular Schlage Encode (not the plus) and I was able to connect with no issues. Is the new “Encode Plus” not able to be set up in the Ring app?

Hi @user26787. I was able to find this information here from the Schlage website. From the looks of things, there is only 2 locks that are compatible with Ring. At this time, it doesn’t look like the Encode Plus is compatible.

1 Like

As a fellow Ring subscriber and Schlage Encode Plus owner, I’d like to call on Ring and Schlage to get together and fix this.

1 Like

Came looking for the answer to the same question.

Just upgraded my Schlage Encode to the Schlage Encode Plus. The Ring App is linked to the Schlage Home app and my old Encode worked fine. Would have expected the same from the Encode Plus.

This is a miss. Ring and Schlage need to get together to get this sorted out.

@Tom_Ring I understand you’re looking at the compatibility list. The Encode has been a long supported connection by Ring. We need an enhancement request to certify and add the Encode Plus.

Hi @Gewch. I can certainly pass this feedback along to the appropriate team. In the meantime, I suggest adding this to our Feature Request board.

Thanks @Tom_Ring. I would appreciate it if you could pass it along as it may not gain enough traction on the Feature Request board.

I did also submit it on the Feature Request Board here:

5 Likes

Same here. Just upgraded from Encode to Encode plus and now I have lost the biggest benefit of getting Ring. I should have stayed with my doorbird device. I hope encode plus gets supported soon.

2 Likes

Yea this is very annoying given that I just over paid for the encode plus and now it can’t even integrate with the ring app like the regular encode prior generation. Get it together guys! :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

This is so annoying. Just upgraded to encode plus and doesn’t work with ring. Unacceptable

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.