Schlage Connect Z Wave Deadbolts Not Connecting

I’m trying to setup a new Schlage Connect Century Deadbolt to my Ring Alarm system. I scanned the QR code and the device shows up in the app but says “Waiting to connect to a network” in red text next to the device name. Any idea what to do next? Doesn’t seem to be working. When I try to setup the device it just says “connect battery” which did not work either.

Hi @ace-rockola! It sounds like you are following all the proper steps. As long as the smart lock being used shows up in our help center article as Works With Ring compatible, this should setup successfully. The article also contains the technical manual to each lock model, which may help resolve this concern. I recommend also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your phone. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m not seeing a manual on there for my device but it is definitely on the “works with ring” list. I’m using the Schlage BE469ZP. Any suggestions?

I also made sure it was excluded from both Ring and Smartthings. Here is the message I get

Thank you for completing those steps, @ace-rockola! It’s always a good step to ensure the app is up to date. Feel free to remove and reinstall the Ring app to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Distance to the Base Station is also worth considering during setup, in case the error is due to connection cannot be completed.

If this concern persists, check out this Community thread where a neighbor shares steps that helped them in a similar scenario. This thread also contains a link to Schlage support if needed. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional links. I tried all of those steps multiple times and still have the same problem. Schlage is sending me a new lock to see if that has the problem. Hopefully it’s just a bad circuit board on the lock.

1 Like