Schlage Connect and Ring issues

I’m had my Schlage Connect locks (2) and Ring working together for a year or so. During that time, it mostly works, but over the last 6 months, its become more finicky. Sometimes the state doesn’t update in the app, sometimes I can’t lock/unlock through the app, the locks frequently go offline and then come back.

I’ve replaced batteries in the locks and reconfigured them, but I get back into the same state. I sometimes unplug/plug my extender, or mess with the locks, and sometimes that makes things work.

What’s been mainly annoying recently is adding guest users. Sometimes it works as expected, but sometimes I have to try 20 times until it succeeds once (fails with “sorry, couldn’t update access code on your lock”). Often, even though it fails, if I try out the code, it works! Which is concerning, because it doesn’t show up in the app as a Lock-only password, and I can’t remove it until I can successfully add that user.

Anyways, this is really frustrating, and given this is supposed to “work with ring”, I’m just disappointed. I could say I’ll just buy new locks, but I have little confidence that’ll work better.

Any ideas on what I can do that aren’t the basic retry/reconfigure connection/setup device again?

Hi @vsanghvi. It sounds like there may be interference with your Z-Wave signal. Where is your Base Station located? I would make sure that it is out in the open with no obstructions in close proximity. Other things, such as baby monitors or smart hubs, can cause interference with the Z-Wave signal and ultimately intermittent performance.

Try moving the Base Station around to see if different placement locations will yield better performance. If you are still having this issue after a few attempts, try reaching out to our Ring Alarm support team for the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.