Saving recordings

Hi

My neighbour had their car vandalised last night and whilst the camera has picked up a change in the cars image, somehow the perpetrator managed to avoid being on the camera at all. I have tried to download the footage either side of the time, but it only saves a second of recording. How can I get it to save correctly as it says it is downloading an hour? Is it an hour but because its night its only showing as a second? If so, how can I stop that and get the hour that I need?

Sorry to hear about that happening, @lensgirl! While logged in on the Ring app, open the menu, and then select Event History. There you will see recordings of events as videos, in which all should be downloadable in their entirety. If you are seeing snapshots, this is a periodic snapshot taken, in which a recording is not always occurring beforehand or right afterwards. Alternatively, these videos can be downloaded by logging in at Ring.com via web browser. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks, but the issue is that it didn’t highlight it as an event, so I am having to scroll through the video and pause it at a certain time that we think the event took place and then use the share button?

The police can only view each hour i download as a second and they need to see it as a proper video

Hi there, @lensgirl! At this time, the only way to share an event or instance is through sharing the video or snapshot, if existing, associated with it. You can also download your videos externally from the Ring app and save them on your device. This might help you edit or trim any video you are needing to.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: