Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
RSSI? Whats the Minimum For A Doorbell to Work OK
hardwired-video-doorbell
connectivity
troubleshooting

I understand that a lower RSSi figure is better than a higher one but from a Ring standpoint what is the upper threshold of normal /acceptable RSSI? My own doorbell rarely gets lower than a minimum of 60 but appears to work OK.

I find it puzzling that a recent update removed a useful hardwired voltage yet retains what is esssentially a meaningless RSSI figure.

03-02-2024 12:17:32

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @user73569. There isn’t a specific RSSI number required in order for your Ring Doorbell to work. A lower figure does indicate a stronger signal than a higher one, however you mentioned that your Doorbell is working fine. I wouldn’t worry about the exact number showing for the RSSI unless you’re experiencing connectivity related concerns. If you were experiencing connectivity issues, the RSSI would be one piece of information used in troubleshooting.

05-02-2024 11:33:21

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-03-2024 11:33:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions