RSSI -71 despite all other devices showing good reception

This product is very disappointing overall. My device is literally 5 meters away from state of the art WIFI AP, and on the exact same spot my iphone reports full power for the same wifi network. I am now sure it’s the poor wifi antenna or wifi module design inside RING device that hinders wifi transmission, not my network. Are we expected to mount wifi router outside next to the freakin RING??? I get a notification that someone is at the door, but video and comms are down all the time!!

Sorry to hear about this, @zdravke. I agree that a newer model and robust wifi access point close by a device, should definitely result in sufficient connection. A -71 RSSI is an unusually high reading, which may indicate that something may be impacting that wifi signal. As you mentioned distance not being an issue, the next best step is to consider what might be in between the router and Doorbell. Large appliances, metal structures or objects, multiple walls, or even tough exterior walls can make it difficult for signal to travel. Depending on your Doorbell model, it may be able to connect to both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. If this is so, please use the 2.4 Ghz network as it is more dependable over distance or through interferences. Moving the access point, if possible, is another great option. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: