Robbed. Ring only told us after it happened

Audio Notifications not Reliable.

Last Friday, a man jumped our fence and broke into our cars in our driveway. Instead of being immediately notified of the intrusion, the notifications silently went to our phones at 12:30AM and gave the intruder 4 minutes to take what they wanted before someone in my family happened to check their phone and see the activity.

Audio notifications only play intermittently. A support rep told me today that if the Ring app perceives that audio is playing, there’s a chance it may not be able to play the audio notification (this is on Android).

At 12:30AM last Friday I can confirm we didn’t have any audio playing on our phones and we weren’t on a call. My phone does not go into do-not-disturb mode at night and I leave the ringer on for emergencies.

At 7:04AM this morning I left the house and received a notification prompt, but no audio notification.

At 8:09AM I returned to the house and didn’t receive a notification at all, from any of the three cameras that saw me and recorded a motion event.

At 9:00AM, I was testing the camera with support and confirmed it would not play notification sounds while I was on the phone, but immediately worked afterwards when I hung up, sharing both notifications and the sound.

With three different scenarios, it makes Ring’s notification system - the whole reason I got this - less reliable.

Hi @FLY1NGSQU1RR3L. If your notification sounds are not working as they should, try the following additional steps:

• Verify that your Ring app and phone are up-to-date with the latest updates.

• Some phones that use Android have a feature where they will mute notifications automatically if there are 15 or more from a single app. To stop this from happening, clear your notification history on your phone if you have that many notifications from Ring.

• Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

• Verify that you do not have any of these Android apps that would conflict with the Ring app.

We also have this Help Center article here with other troubleshooting steps to try for Ring notification issues on Android devices. I hope this helps.