Risk of Ring Stick Up Cam being stolen

This may either be a really stupid question because I’ve missed something in the installation, or a real concern. A Ring Stick Up Cam arrived yesterday and has been installed above the back door… easy install and works fine. But it can be simply lifted off the back plate which is screwed to the wall. There’s no way of screwing it onto that plate, it just slots on. So if someone comes to the back door and can reach it, they can take it… I’ll get a video of the thief at least.

I get that, it just surprised me that the design makes it so easy to just lift it off the back plate. Most thieves are opportunists, and even the act of undoing ONE screw would be enough to put most off (especially if they have their face in front of a camera while they’re doing it)… and they’d need to have a screwdriver with them.

Hi @djadams. We do not currently offer a anti-theft device to secure the Stick-Up Cam to it’s mounting location. This is a great idea though! I suggest adding this to our Feature Request board!

Someone tried to steal mine last night. It can’t be too hard to include some type of safety screw.

Hi @DBS1. Depending on the specific model Ring device, a security screw is included on the device for security. Let me know if there is a specific device you’d like to know more about.

Ours was stolen within 5 days of going up.

Hi @user43636. I am sorry to hear that your Ring device was stolen. There is a warranty policy in place for theft. Please go to this Help Center page, which will provide further information on how to report your Ring device as stolen to receive a replacement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.