Ringdoorbell 3 and solar charger keeps going offline

I purchased the official Ring doorbell Solar charger.

After installing it and confirming it’s connected and charging my Ringdoorbell 3 on the app,after a few hours the ringdoorbell has gone offline. So I reset the doorbell and again its all working nicely for a few hours and then it goes offline again.

Going offline has only happened since I installed the solar charger.

Any ideas on how i can stop this from happening?

Cheers

Mark

Yes, this has happened to me as well since I connected the solar panel , every day it goes offline. The battery is being charged and always has 100% Health. I’m connected to another brand and not ring but it is working. So why does it go offline???

Hi there, neighbors! If you’ve added charging accessories and can confirm the battery is getting a charge from them as intended, your Video Doorbell should not fall offline. A fully charged device falling offline will likely be related to wifi signal strength, or RSSI. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this connection. :slight_smile:

Same here, have Video doorbel 3 plus for almost 18 months and worked perfect… 7 days ago connected original Ring Solar panel, and almost every day doorbell goes offline (same place, same RSSI, charging almost all day)… Ring you have nice products, but please, listen your customers and fix this!!! Thanks in advance for reply or fix…

I have this issue as well. After I added the solar panel the camera goes offline during sunny days. Battery is fine, it just disconnects from the wifi until the sun goes down. Very disappointing.

I am having the same issue. I installed the Ring Doorbell 4 and it worked flawlessly. I installed the solar panel charger and immediately had issues with it connecting to WiFi and then it would drop within 20min. Reconnected the doorbell to Wifi multiple times with the same issues. Replaced my entire WiFi router with a mesh system to ensure the signal strength was not an issue. Same problem. Deleted the entire doorbell and reinstalled it. Same problem. Removed the solar charger connection and it works perfectly now. Haven’t had an issue since removing the Ring solar charger.

I don’t know why the solar charger would cause an issue with holding a WiFi connection, but it does. Would love a solution to this but I guess my only resolution at this point is to return the solar charger and go with a spare battery.