Ring2 wireless live video no longer functioning

Video has stopped working when attempting to access the Ring2 service “live”. I get some recordings, but it is spotty on what and how long it records. Has anyone else experienced this? It was working well up to a few months ago. I have paid for the service. Not sure why the customer service is gone neither.

1 Like

Hi @Amtb! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Once you’ve reinstalled, check your Event History to see if recordings will play as intended. I recommend also trying out the Rapid Ring app, as it is designed to deliver the quickest connection to live video. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve done all of these and even tried different devices. The camera is no longer functioning and is now permanently black.

I’m having this exact problem, worked fine for around 12 hours now door rings and get notifications but screen is always black

Hi neighbors! If you’ve checked all of the above mentioned wifi variables, and nothing has changed in your network recently, please try a reset. To perform a reset on your Doorbell, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds.

If this concern persists, and removing/ reinstalling the Ring app did not help, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.