Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Ring Wired Floodlight - offline
hardwired-security-cameras
connectivity
troubleshooting

Purchased two of the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus with motion-activated 1080p HD video, White (2021 release) cameras in Nov 2023.

• They replaced the existing motion activated floodlights.
  • They both worked well for first 2 weeks
  • Starting sometime in Week 3 - one of them started showing offline status
  • Ran through the set-up again and it worked for few days
  • Then the second camera also started having same issues - going offline

Ran through the troubleshooting(reboot router, ran the set-up again) and still shows offline.

I thought distance to the camera maybe an issue but it should never connect in first place.

At this point, either I received defective ones or Ring floodlight cam(2021 version) has an issue.

Update:

1. Read through couple of article and last reported signal strength - RSSI - 51 so this tells me Wifi signal strength is adequate
  2. Am outside of my 30-day window - is there a way to submit request for the warranty replacement(1-year)?

09-01-2024 12:28:40

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user73851. Rebooting your router and performing a new setup in the Ring app were both good troubleshooting steps to take. The signal strength does appear to be adequate, so it could either be intermittent signal interference or a power issue causing the Floodlight Cams to go offline. Other wifi-enabled devices and certain building materials can negatively impact a wifi signal.

The Floodlight Cam must be hardwired at 110 - 240 VAC following the instructions shown here. If there is an issue with the wiring, it could be causing the Floodlight Cams to drop offline. If the wiring seems correct and nothing is loose, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. Our support team can ensure all applicable troubleshooting steps are taken to determine the best solution.

11-01-2024 08:34:25

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User