Ring Wired Doorbell with Nicor PRCP2 Primechime Plus

I have a new Nicor PRCP2 Primechime Plus because it states it is compatible on a ring site for the PRO. If jumper is not used the Ring product works great, but it will not ring the internal chime. If I use the jumper it continually chimes. Is there a fix, I could not find a specific Wired Doorbell compatibility list, this is from the PRO which I do not have.

If you have a wired doorbell that you’re replacing with Ring, you can connect your Ring Video Doorbell to keep using your AC chime.

Thanks for the reply, but I am still looking at how to accomplish this. Like I said, it does not chime the Nicor with no jumper and the jumper constantly chimes it. Looking at another document it seems the installation of this product with the jumper is meant to bypass the current chime and just get AC voltage to the Ring without operation of current chime regardless of which one you own.

I have the PRO with the Nicor PRCP2 installed without the power kit per Nicor’s instructions. I have it set to Mechanical chime, as I read to do that on other forums. See if that works. It has worked for me most of the time… In my case, it has stopped activating my Nicor Chime twice in the last month. I’ve had to reset the doorbell and set it up again to get it back to ringing my doorbell chime. Only have had it a little over a month, so not too happy about this part. Might be my PRO (factory refurbished) as I have yet to see others with the same issue.

I have the same issue, are you saying set the chime to mechanical or the doorbell? Thanks.

I too have this problem, the Ring Pro rings outside, says its recording, and notifies my phone but does not ring the Nicor PCPR2 door bell.
Setting it to Mechanical does nothing. I am at a loss.
My Ring Pro is wired into #1 and #2 on the Nicor as shown in the instructions but does not ring in the house.
Any ideas?

Hi @vawhit53. If your Pro is not ringing your pre-existing chime, try the following steps:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.