Ring Wired doorbell will not connect!

I’m tearing my hair out! We’ve got a ring wired doorbell that worked fine at our old address, we’ve moved and it will not set up. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, factory reset the ring, made sure the network is on 2.4ghz, changed location and removed the old address, followed every bit of help I can find but it will not connect. I get as far as the screen where it says it’s waiting for the ring to enter setup mode, then nothing, despite the ring being in setup mode and the light is spinning and it’s connected to the app, but then nothing. Help!

These were great steps to try! If your Video Doorbell is not entering setup mode, the best next thing to check is power. When moving locations, the wiring or power source can vary. Check out our Help Center article for installing the Video Doorbell Wired, and remember to use the jumper cable.

As long as the Video Doorbell Wired has sufficient power, it should complete a setup in the Ring app. If possible, try using another mobile device for this setup process.

If this concern persists and the Doorbell will not setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.