Ring wired doorbell -Legrand 41243

Hi, I have bought a Ring wired doorbell and plug in chime. Can anyone please advise where to put the jumper cable on the existing chime? I have seen an existing post with the same chime but there was no picture attached…any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Nav2. The picture is a little blurry, so I can exactly see how the terminals are labeled. You’re going to want to find the terminals that are labeled “Front” and “Trans”. These are the wires going to your transformer and front door. I hope this information helps!

1 Like

Hi, Did you ever manage to get this resolved? I have exactly the same problem

Hi @Builda. You can find the installation instructions for the Doorbell Wired in our Help Center Article here. That should help you get everything sorted, but if not, you can also reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the same doorbell although slightly different setup in how mine is connected but should work the same for you. Looks like yours is connected up via wires for each part which may make it easier. I have attached a picture of mine and what I have done. At the bottom we both have the doorbell chime. This is where I have placed my cable supplied in the ring box to bypass the chime which has worked. Yours has the white and black cables my initial thoughts are to remove them off the chime and attach to the cable supplied along with the joining clips. Please note that my transformer and chime are connected via built in connections like a motherboard so would be worth checking the rear of the board yours are placed on to make sure that is not the same. If it is just blank then I would remove the wires as above, connect and test. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Legend. Thank you for posting that pic. Did the job for me. Thanks

1 Like

Hi! This was really helpful thank you! Quick question though. I don’t have any screws on the the right of the copper coil so I’m struggling to attach the jumper cable tightly. Any suggestions please.l

Just installed my Ring wired doorbell today on the same Legrand 412 43 door bell

Mine was like the one just above where there were no obvious terminals to connect the jumper wire to, so I removed the power, disconnected the wires and soldered a jumper wire across the back of the electromagnet on the circuit board

Super easy if you have a soldering iron or can find a friend to do it for you and works perfectly :smile: